Don’t ask my three year old to look at the camera! Got a nice laugh when I pulled these off the phone….goofball.
Tag Archive for rides
…to spend 51 miles in the woods on a nice fall day. Not so good on the body riding a hardtail for those 51 miles. Crashing doesn’t help either. Still worth it.
2010 was a pretty decent year cycling-wise. With Nolan being born, I didn’t expect to ride as much as I did, but I’m glad I found time to do so, as it was a pretty memorable year. Going through the numbers, here’s what occurred in 2010.
- 92 rides
- 3111.59 miles
- 170.15 hours of riding time
- Average Speed: 18.27 mph
- Average Distance: 33.79 miles
- 75768′ of vertical gain
- ~108000 calories burned.
Commuting (didn’t get to anywhere near as many times as I wanted to):
- 13 days commuting
- 446 miles
- Managed 17.52 mph overall
- $51 in fuel costs avoided
Overall, that made for 3557.69 miles in 2010.
Spinning (oh the horror)
- 21 efforts on the mag trainer
- 18.12 hours of torture on the mag trainer
- 14 effort on the fluid trainer
- 13.61 hours of torture on the fluid trainer
- 182 miles total in the MS150, and the first 100 miles being completed at just over 20mph.
- 4 Centuries
- Cream City Century was my longest ride at 112.3 miles.
- Top of the World Tour included some serious climbing – over 5000′ of gain over 63 miles.
- Acquired a new carbon fiber bike – the Planet X SL Pro Road.
- Said goodbye to the trusty Raleigh Marathon. It found a new loving home.
- Hitting a dog head on and winning that battle(lucky).
- The Dog Bite.
- I got to ride with Phil!
What’s next for 2011?
- Time to race methinks.