2010 was a pretty decent year cycling-wise. With Nolan being born, I didn’t expect to ride as much as I did, but I’m glad I found time to do so, as it was a pretty memorable year. Going through the numbers, here’s what occurred in 2010.
- 92 rides
- 3111.59 miles
- 170.15 hours of riding time
- Average Speed: 18.27 mph
- Average Distance: 33.79 miles
- 75768′ of vertical gain
- ~108000 calories burned.
Commuting (didn’t get to anywhere near as many times as I wanted to):
- 13 days commuting
- 446 miles
- Managed 17.52 mph overall
- $51 in fuel costs avoided
Overall, that made for 3557.69 miles in 2010.
Spinning (oh the horror)
- 21 efforts on the mag trainer
- 18.12 hours of torture on the mag trainer
- 14 effort on the fluid trainer
- 13.61 hours of torture on the fluid trainer
- 182 miles total in the MS150, and the first 100 miles being completed at just over 20mph.
- 4 Centuries
- Cream City Century was my longest ride at 112.3 miles.
- Top of the World Tour included some serious climbing – over 5000′ of gain over 63 miles.
- Acquired a new carbon fiber bike – the Planet X SL Pro Road.
- Said goodbye to the trusty Raleigh Marathon. It found a new loving home.
- Hitting a dog head on and winning that battle(lucky).
- The Dog Bite.
- I got to ride with Phil!
What’s next for 2011?
Quick post, nothing special.
Saturday, 5/22, got the first century completed for 2010. KR Club’s Annual Ride. Nice to have support and a well-stocked rest stop. Makes the ride easier. 106.7 miles. 18.17mph pace. Nice ride, nice day (little wind). Looked like a pretty nice turnout for the ride too. Didn’t encounter a lot of people out on the routes except for in/out of the Eagle Lake rest stop.
Now, just need to figure out when I’ll click off #2….
Won’t be long and it’ll be time for the MS150 ride again. Last year was a ton of fun and I raised an awesome amount of money for a great cause; so, I’m doing it again (trying to make a tradition here).
So, I won’t go into much detail about the event (if you have questions, ask), but you can visit my participant page on the MS150 site and make your pledges. I’ve set my goal to $1300 this year, and I know I can make that happen. I just need everyone’s help!
I’ve added some incentive for those pledging as well. If I reach $1500, $200 more than my goal, I’ll make the ride back-to-back 100-mile days. So, want to see me suffer? Pitch in and help me out :) I may just do that anyways, but there’s a great way to make sure I have to suck it up and do it no matter what.
And, I’m always looking for others to join me on this ride, so if you feel the urge, please sign up yourself!!!
Thanks well in advance, expect more posts as the event gets closer!!!!